Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Color Challenge

My upline, Elizabeth Hurst, issued a color challenge to  our group using Stampin' UP's Concord Crush, Marina Mist and Old Olive and the first person to submit their card by email and the first person by snail mail would win a prize.  When I saw Elizabeth's challenge, my first thought was "Those of us who work during the day have no chance in ------------." and that's the response I emailed to Elizabeth  with an LOL, just joking included.  My second thought was "Just how am I going to incorporate Concord Crush, Marina Mist and Old Olive into a card challenge?"  Elizabeth emailed me back and said that was why she included that the first person to submit a card by email and the first person to submit a card by snail mail would both be winners.  The rest of her email response basically said that it's not always the ones who stay at home who come in first.

When I got home, I approached the challenge with an open mind and went full steam ahead ... this is what I came up with:


The picture does not  do the card justice and isn't very good here, but I used a crayon resist technique that I was reintroduced to about a week ago at a technique class that I attended and taught by Kayleen Clements.  Thanks Kayleen for the inspiration for this card. 

Products:
Cardstock:  Marina Mist, Old Olive, Concord Crush, Whisper White and Glossy White.
Ink:  Marina Mist, Concord Crush and Lucky Limeade and White Crayon.
Ribbon:  Concord Crush
Accessories:  Stampin' Dimensionals, Finial Press Embossing Folder, Corner Rounder and sponges.

No comments:

Post a Comment