Saturday, March 24, 2012

Just Because, Butterflies and Bright Blossoms

Hi there, my stamping friends. Has a stamp set ever caught your eye and you just didn't get it because you just didn't. Well, that happened to me. Just Because was one of the sets that caught my eye last year when the new 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalog debuted in June. Before I re-uped as a SU Demo in late June, this set was at the top of my list and I never got it. I had been attending my upline, Elizabeth Hurst's, stamp classes and was chosen to pick a set to be spolighted as a "Stamper's Choice" stamp set. Well, the class never made and I never got the set.

When the Summer Smooches pre-view was introduced early last week, I took another look at the Just Because set because I was preparing for today's workshop/class and wanted to make an Easter card, but not in the traditional sense with rabbits, flowers, crosses, eggs or chickens. Soooo, I looked through the catalog again and kept coming back to this set. I finally broke down and said it was time to order it. When I received it Thursday evening with all of the other products, I pondered and contemplated "what am I going to do?"

I had no idea how I was going to design an card with this set, but plunged along anyway and got as far as picking out the colors I wanted to use, embossing and layering the cardstock, stamping the image, layering it and applying the ruffled ribbon. Once I got to this step,I took a look at the card and decided it needed more that what I had ended up with; and I thought "butterflies." So I took out the Beautiful Wings embosslet and played with the colors and ended up with the card below. I was pleased as punch with how it came out.




Cardstock: Lucky Limeade, So Saffron, More Mustard, Pool Party and Wisteria Wonder
Stamp Pads: Crumb Cake and Black Stazon
Big Shot
Embossing Folder: Finial Press
Embosslets: Wild Wings
Ribbon: Lucky Limeade Ruffle
Dimensionals


The Bright Blossoms came together rather quickly. I decided to spotlight the image by using the label punch as if it were a picture frame or a window and came up with the completed card below. I wanted to draw all the colors together that were in the Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper and create a "splash" of Spring. I picked Rich Razzleberry and Lucky Limeade as the base colors. Needless to say, and once again, I was pleased as punch with the end results.


Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry, Peach Parfait, Whisper White and Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper.
Punches: Label Punch, Word Punch and Modern Label Punch
Ribbon: Cherry Cobbler Scallop Dots
Stampin' Markers: Pacific Point, Old Olive, Real Red and Tangerine Tango


Last but not least in my creativity; I played with the new Petite Purse Bigz Die Cut featured in the Summer Smooches pre-view brochure. This die is so quick and easy that my 8 and 10 year old granddaughters had no problem putting it together. You know how kids are, the get frustrated real easy or loose all interest in what they are doing. Not these two young ones...my oldest granddaughter helped make 4 of them last night lickety-split. She had so much fun. One of my customers today made a boo boo and din't emboss the whole die and was having trouble deciding what to do. I took the embossed die cut project and just whipped it up and into shape in no time. I added some little butterflies to give the purse some pizzazzzzz. See below:


Cardstock: Pool Party, Pacific Point, More Mustard, Wisteria Wonder, Daffodil Delight.
Bigshot and Finial Press Embossing folder and Beautiful Wings embosslet
Accessories: Summer Smoochees and Summer Smooches Designer Brads
Adhesive

To order supplies to make this project, please visit my SU Demonstrator Website at http://laclem.stampinup.net 24/7 or you can send me an email at ladyl.crafter@gmail.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment