Sunday, April 1, 2012

Butterfly Welcome

All week long my brain has been shuffling ideas like a deck of cards to create a card for a shoe box swap that I was preparing for on March 31 with 12 other stampers.  I had so many images and ideas swimming around in my head that they started blending together and by the time Friday came around, I just couldn’t decide what I wanted to do.  When I got home from work, Mr. Brown had delivered my customer orders from my workshop earlier in the week and in that same box, was my order for cardstock that I was running low on.

 Instead of putting the box aside and preparing the evening meal for my hubby and me, I immediately opened up the box and started sorting my customer orders.  Down at the bottom was my packages of cardstock for Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry, Pretty in Pink and Cherry Cobbler.  As I was removing the Old Olive and Tangerine Tango, bingo!  I had just the colors I needed to create my sample card.  I also knew that I wanted to use the scallop oval Bigz die cut and the new Summer Smooches DSP on my card.  Here’s what I came up with:



I feel that the colors blend beautifully, and love how the two stamp sets went together to create this card.

The base card is Old Olive and layered with Tangerine Tango which I embossed using the Stars embossing folder.  The limb is colored with Old Olive marker, the flower petals are outlined in Basic Black and the birdhouse is colored in Early Espresso, then I used Daffodil Delight, Blushing Bride and calypso Coral to color the blossoms.  Inkpads used on the butterflies are:  Calypso coral, Island Indigo and Daffodil Delight.  Welcome is colored with Island Indigo.
 

Stamp Sets:  Butterfly Prints and Up in the Air a hostess set from the Occasions Mini catalog
Cardstock:  Old Olive, Tangerine Tango and Whisper White; DSP:  Summer Smooches DSP
Markers:  Basic Black, Island Indigo Calypso Coral, Early Espresso, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight and Blushing Bride.
Inkpads:  Island Indigo, Calypso Coral and Daffodil Delight
 Bigz Die Cut:  Scallop Oval; Embossing Folder:  Stars
Accessories:  Rhinestones and dimensionals

To order the supplies to creae this card or order 24/7, go www.laclem.stampinup.net.

4 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous card, Loretta! Thanks for bringing the design to our swap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Billie Dee. I really enjoyed making it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right - these colours are perfect together! Thanks for sharing. I'm your newest follower from SC!
    ~Deborah www.stampandcreatewithdeborah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Deborah, on your comment. Glad to have you as a follower.

    ReplyDelete